How long do I roast salmon in the oven? 350°?

asked by Ric over 2 years ago
Wine

400 for 12 minutes for beautiful medium/medium rare.

Totally agree with nutcakes except I roast at 425F

Wholefoods_user_icon

20 minutes it cooks pretty quicky also add some onion lemon,small tomtaoes, salt pepper and cover with tin foil . ENJOY

Dsc00731

I like to broil it, top rack, for about 8 minutes. Broiling gives a nice crust, especially if I've added honey or agave syrup to the marinade.

Bigpan

I am more of the sashimi taste (being on the west coast of Canada) so I would go with a hot oven, 400F to 450F (keep an eye on it) and pull it out when still "wet". Best is to have a piece with skin on, sear the skin, then put in oven to finish. Do not be alarmed if any "white" appears - it is just protein baking out - a sign it is done.

Bigpan

Part 2 - Betty Crocker, et al, suggest 325F is so you can fail by ten minutes and the food is still okay. Restaurants keep ovens at 500F and the food comes out great because the times are shorter and they keep an eye on it! I always have the oven at either 225F or 500F - depending on what I am doing.
Salmon is a great product - don't over cook.