🔎

• 7

• 5317

• See other questions tagged:
    • seafood

How long do I roast salmon in the oven? 350°?

nutcakes added over 2 years ago
Voted the Best Answer!

First turn your oven to 400. How much salmon, how thick? There is a rule of thumb that says roast for 10 minutes per inch at the thickest part. You can use that as a general guideline, but I start checking before that. I take 2 forks and part the thick part and 'peek' inside. I still remove the fish before it is entirely done because it will continue to cook as you plate it. If it is a large piece, let it rest a few minutes before portioning. My favorite way is to sear one side in a pan, then finish in the oven like the recipe in the link (although I always have to thicken the sauce with a cornstarch slurry.) Start checking after 5 minutes.
http://www.drweil.com/drw...

Wine
the professor added over 2 years ago

400 for 12 minutes for beautiful medium/medium rare.

inpatskitchen added over 2 years ago

Totally agree with nutcakes except I roast at 425F

Wholefoods_user_icon
a Whole Foods Market Customer added over 2 years ago

20 minutes it cooks pretty quicky also add some onion lemon,small tomtaoes, salt pepper and cover with tin foil . ENJOY

Dsc00731
saragrad added over 2 years ago

I like to broil it, top rack, for about 8 minutes. Broiling gives a nice crust, especially if I've added honey or agave syrup to the marinade.

Bigpan
bigpan added over 2 years ago

I am more of the sashimi taste (being on the west coast of Canada) so I would go with a hot oven, 400F to 450F (keep an eye on it) and pull it out when still "wet". Best is to have a piece with skin on, sear the skin, then put in oven to finish. Do not be alarmed if any "white" appears - it is just protein baking out - a sign it is done.

Bigpan
bigpan added over 2 years ago

Part 2 - Betty Crocker, et al, suggest 325F is so you can fail by ten minutes and the food is still okay. Restaurants keep ovens at 500F and the food comes out great because the times are shorter and they keep an eye on it! I always have the oven at either 225F or 500F - depending on what I am doing.
Salmon is a great product - don't over cook.