🔎

• 3

• 5960

What can I use substitute for Greek Seasoning?

3-bizcard

Do you mean a mix of spices called Greek seasoning? I would use some oregano, garlic, some citrus like lemon zest. I don't know what you are making so its a little difficult. Maybe someone here has some other idea's.

Scan0004
susan g added over 2 years ago

If you don't have Greek seasoning, combine dried oregano, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and lemon peel, to your own taste. --according to Lydia at www.theperfectpantry.com. In other words, what sdebrango says.

So called "Greek seasoning" like "Italian seasoning" (or worse, "pizza seasoning) is one of those terms that doesn't mean anything. The commerical stuff is mostly dried oregano. You can make your own fresh version with garlic and lemon zest and of course salt and pepper. Just don't be intimidated by the idea that there is some boilerplate concoction. I hate recipes that are written with instructions like that.