🔔
🔎

I have an unopened bag if flour in my cupboard (probably been there 6+ months). Is there any reason why I couldn't/shouldn't use it to bake c

asked by MauraKaras almost 3 years ago
3-bizcard

How does it smell, does it have a stale smell? Are there any unwanted visitors milling around in the flour? If it smells fresh (or not stale) and generally looks ok, imho you could go ahead and use it. I keep my flour in the fridge stored in plastic bags sealed tightly.

It smells ok and no moths .. I was worried it the cookies would taste stale though that's was my main concern

3-bizcard

Dip your finger in and taste it, stale flour would, well taste stale. If it tastes, smells and looks ok I would use it. Of course if there is any question in your mind that it could be stale or otherwise compromised I would open or buy a new bag. Hope this helps!

Wholefoods_user_icon

Check the bag--they often have expiration dates.

Thank you so much! I dipped my finger in and tasted it . Tasted fine.. And cookies turned out great! Thank you

Even better, take all the food staples you haven't used in months and donate it to a food bank. You may not end up with cookies, but I guarantee you will have sweet dreams.