🔎

How long do I boil boneless chicken breasts? I know it depends on size but just looking for general rule of thumb. Thanks

nutcakes added about 2 years ago
Voted the Best Answer!

First, just simmer barely so you don't toughen them. I really prefer to slip them into boiling water, place a tight lid on and let them sit off the flame for 20-25 minutes. They will be poached and moist. You can flavor the water, depending on what you are making, like ginger and green onion and peppercorns for Chinese chicken salad.

Wholefoods_user_icon
a Whole Foods Market Customer added about 2 years ago

About 1/2 hour

Buddhacat
SKK added about 2 years ago

Nutcakes is right on. You don't want to boil chicken breast, it will be too tough. Poaching is the answer.

tinarina added about 2 years ago

Put the breast in cold water, bring to a boil, take of the heat and cover for 15 minutes. They don't need longer than this if they're boneless. Cut into one if you're nervous.

Bigpan
bigpan added about 2 years ago

I've done by simmering in low sodium chicken stock. If you pierce the chicken with a fork the stock will soak in and keep the beasts moist and tasty.