🔎

• 4

• 1567

I have a giant bag of frozen shrimp. How would one substitute frozen for the shrimp biryani recipe? It's "cooked/frozen"

nutcakes added about 2 years ago

Is this the winning recipe from amreen? IF using shrimp that has already been cooked, you are going to have to work not to overcook them, and you won't be able to infuse them with flavor. So I'd thaw them first. Then in step 10, just mix the shrimp with the spices just to heat, not to cook further and serve with the rice.

Screenplay added about 2 years ago

Thanks, nut cakes! I'm finding that the frozen shrimp we get in NY s often more reliable than what's available in the fish markets. I'll wait for the next Florida trip to gorge on the real thing

nutcakes added about 2 years ago

The freshness issue has come up before and the fact is that most shrimp is frozen at sea. So the fishmonger is selling you frozen defrosted shrimp. Buying your own frozen gives you more control. But buy the raw shrimp for best flavor for use in recipes.

MaureenCBerry added about 2 years ago

You can also add shrimp paste. Be aware, its stinky. Use sparingly.