🔎

• 6

• 10805

• See other questions tagged:
    • baking

How do you cook two items at the same time when they require different temperatures?

Tad_and_amanda_in_the_kitchen

Can you let us know what the 2 items and temperatures are -- might be able to help.

ReneePussman added about 2 years ago
Voted the Best Answer!

The simple answer is, you don't. Unless you have 2 ovens.

gayles added about 2 years ago

Cant

110
bugbitten added about 2 years ago

It would be good to know what the two items are, Jamie Nelson. Tough to give a "scientific" answer when you don't have enough given info. I don't agree with the idea that it can't work, because I'm faced with doing it all the time.

CatalunaLilith added about 2 years ago

You probably can't in the same oven. Depending on what the items are you might be able to adjust cooking times to get them to cook in the same over at the same time, or cook one ahead of time and warm it up before serving, but that's all highly dependent of what you're making

amysarah added about 2 years ago

Depends on what the items are and how big a temp differential. If it's broad, e.g., one needs 2 hrs at 325, and another 30 min. at 450 - adjusting for simultaneity would be pushing it. However, if it's a narrow temp. spread (e.g., 325 & 350) sometimes you can find a work-around....i.e., split the temp difference, adjusting times proportionately. Alternately, if say a roast needs 2 hrs at 325, and a side 1/2 hr at 350, just turn up the oven during the last 1/2 hour - or better yet, do it while the roast is resting. (Anything that holds well or rests before serving coordinates well that way, unless of course, the 2nd item also needs a long time in the oven.)