🔎

Turkey ossobuco any good ideas? Made veal one lots of times but never turkey one...

Tough call here. Ossobuco in Italian refers to the hole in the bone with the succulent marrow which is indispensible. Turkey is much leaner, desireable to some folks but it's really hard to coax flavor out of it for that reason. You could try turkey leg and thigh with similiar flavorings but it won't taste remotely close. Good luck.

Dsc_0048b
healthierkitchen added about 2 years ago

I had a version recently with chicken legs and it was not to my taste. I would have been very happy with chicken legs cooked in any manner of ways, but I wasn't thrilled with the way they were cut to mimic ossobucco. And, as pierino notes, the richness of a beefier bone (and marrow) just wasn't there. I would vote for stewing the turkey leg in a different manner and saving the osso buco for a different animal.

jmburns added about 2 years ago

I agree trying to make ossobuco would be difficult to mimic the richness of the marrow. I would try making a cacciatore. It should be very successful with turkey.

Finger in the jar added about 2 years ago

thanks , will see tomorrow what's gonna happen :) gonna share outcome!

CraignKzoo added about 2 years ago

i have made with chicken wind drummies by sawing off the ends of the bones, and had fantastic results! turkey would be even better. I would saw the bones off on either end of the leg, sear them in olive oil and garlic and then low and slow braise with some lemon, herbs, tomato, garlic and turkey or chicken stock.