🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

Smoked Buffalo Cracker

I was sitting here bored and made this:
-crackers
-left over smoked salmon
-white American cheese
-thyme
-franks hot sauce

Stack salmon on cracked with cheese on top. Microwave for about 20sec until cheese melts. Top with thyme and hot sauce. Enjoy

Question: what could I do to make it better? I'm thinking blue cheese, and triscuits instead. Any other ideas?

asked by UncleKracky over 2 years ago
Tad_and_amanda_in_the_kitchen

I'd skip the American cheese and microwave part, and instead fold some whipped cream into sour cream, and add some horseradish. Put the salmon on the cracker, top with this horseradish cream and thyme.

I do not like the sound of this.

I don't like the sound of liver and onions. But yet strangely some people do.....to each their own.

Are you going to serve this at a Super Bowl party?

Seriously though, that salmon gave it's life for this?!

Yes. Salmon gave up its life. Just as many animals have in order for you to learn how to be the cook you are today. Not everyone is a seasoned chef; some are just starting out. As I said; I was bored and decided to try something new. That's what you do when you are learning.

Good for you for experimenting. probably something I wouldn't care for present day self, that's out of dorm room. But some might like it.
Maybe try using 'water crackers'..a touch of capers, next time.

Cheese and fish usually don't go together well...but cream cheese and salmon do go together well.
I think it's the salt element you like there. Which isn't a 'bad thing'. So don't let the naysayers get you down.

Maybe using a smoked cheese on a crusty bread would work for you? Try to parse it down to 3 ingredients (excluding the bread or cracker)