🔎

• 2

• 7806

Urgent! How long and at what temp should I oven cook a cut-up whole chicken that was supposed to be cooked at low for 3 hours in a slow cooker?

1390710_10151917400148928_1193325941_n_1_
Mr_Vittles added about 2 years ago

Are you wanting to roast or slow cook the chicken? Roasting should be done hot, 450 degrees Fahrenheit is what I like, but that's usually whole and for 45 minutes. I recommend 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour. Or if you don't want crispy skin, 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 1.5 hours would do it. You could also poach the chicken, that would be the closest texturally to a slow cooker chicken. That can be done in simmering chicken stock for 45 minutes, as a bonus you would get a double stock out of it for risotto or soup. Maybe the best way would be in a metal/ceramic/glass dish, with a cup of water or chicken stock, covered in aluminum foil, at 375 degrees Fahrenheit, for 45 minutes. You won't get crispy skin but it will cook moist chicken.

MFargo added about 2 years ago

I prefer to roast chicken at 450. For cut up chicken, it takes about 30 - 45 minutes. Turn after first side gets nice and brown.