🔎

I've got day-old bread and a small pumpkin. What could I make for dinner?

jmburns added about 2 years ago

Reservations

nat666 added about 2 years ago

Cut off the top of the pumpkin and scoop out the seeds. Roast the pumpkin in the oven for about twenty minutes. Meanwhile put the bread in a food processor to make bread crumbs. Toast them in a pan until crispy. Take the pumpkin out and fill it with any vegetables you have like carrot or canned tomatoes, etc. also add a can of drained and rinsed beans. Put it back in the oven until the pumpkin is tender. Scoop the filling and flesh into plates and top with breadcrumbs and parmesan. Serve with a grain like rice or couscous.

beijinggirl added about 2 years ago

Thanks! I'll try that!

Third Floor Kitchen added about 2 years ago

Dorie Greenspan has a recipe for "Pumpkin Stuffed with Everything Goo" in her Around My French Table cookbook. The pumpkin is hollowed and then filled with bacon, bread, Gruyere, herbs, and moistened with cream. It's baked until it's hot an bubbly. Delicious!

You can find it on Epicurious: http://www.epicurious.com...

Sorry That's Everything Good not Everything Goo! It's 4:30 a.m. I'm not quite awake.

sarah k. added about 2 years ago

Or pumpkin bread pudding, if you also have some eggs, cream, spices, etc. You'd have to roast or steam the pumpkin first, of course.