🔔
🔎

I need a good steelhead trout recipe!

I have a very large piece. It is vibrant red/orange, like salmon! I happen to have a lot of fresh cilantro and parsley on hand as well...

asked by m1800 over 2 years ago

How about broiling it simply with a bit of oil, salt and pepper and then serving it with a cilantro- parsley chimichurri sauce?
http://southamericanfood...

if its super fresh, I would do a ceviche!

Planking and grilling would be optimum. But en papillote (in parchment packets) also is great. For the latter you might have to slice it into individual steaks to fit the packets.

We get a lot of fresh steelhead here in Portland OR & I would say two things: grill it simply w salt & pepper (10 min per inch or less) & minimal salsa/dressing. The fish is so beautiful & tasty it's a shame to smother it w sauces

I'm a fan of trout almondine (trout w/browned butter and toasted almonds)... It's simple, but so delicious and you can still taste the flavor of the fish.