🔎

• 5

• 2057

I need a good steelhead trout recipe!

I have a very large piece. It is vibrant red/orange, like salmon! I happen to have a lot of fresh cilantro and parsley on hand as well...

Christine added about 2 years ago

How about broiling it simply with a bit of oil, salt and pepper and then serving it with a cilantro- parsley chimichurri sauce?
http://southamericanfood...

Chefulrich added about 2 years ago

if its super fresh, I would do a ceviche!

Planking and grilling would be optimum. But en papillote (in parchment packets) also is great. For the latter you might have to slice it into individual steaks to fit the packets.

miss jane added about 2 years ago

We get a lot of fresh steelhead here in Portland OR & I would say two things: grill it simply w salt & pepper (10 min per inch or less) & minimal salsa/dressing. The fish is so beautiful & tasty it's a shame to smother it w sauces

RachelS added about 2 years ago

I'm a fan of trout almondine (trout w/browned butter and toasted almonds)... It's simple, but so delicious and you can still taste the flavor of the fish.