🔎

Ideas for using unflavored pop rocks in a savory dish?

I need to make a savory dish that uses unflavored pop rocks (which are still sweet, just unflavored) in some way. I was thinking it should be a dish with some heat, where the fire-crackery nature of the pop rocks wouldn't be out of place. My only thoughts so far are to mix them into the rice krispie/7 spice topping from the momofuku cookbook and use them to top off a braised and grilled skewer of pork belly, but I'd love any and all suggestions!

Henrykiss
Mrs._larkin_370

Mrs. Larkin is a trusted source on Baking.

Fun!!! Here are some search results from Ideas In Food. http://blog.ideasinfood...

I'm really digging the savory pop rocks idea!! Or spicy pop rocks stuffed inside a chocolate truffle.....

We used to scatter them on the floor in grammar school and the nuns would step all over them. Good times.

Henrykiss
arielleclementine added about 2 years ago

thanks mrslarkin!! that's a cool site- i like the idea for making the sparkling salt! i think that works with the pork belly too!

1390710_10151917400148928_1193325941_n_1_
Mr_Vittles added about 2 years ago

Just thinking about it, Pop Rocks should make any Thai dish more awesome. Playing off the limey, saltiness should be interesting.