🔎

• 5

• 1701

What kinds of pans can you use for baking? Is glass O.K.?

I have a recipe for cheesecake squares that calls for an 8 x 8 inch baking pan. It does not say what kind of pan to use. Can I use a Pyrex square glass pan? They say to line the pan with a double layer of parchment to make it easy to lift the cheesecake out of the pan after it has cooled. I don't know if that will also protect the cheesecake in a glass pan. I really don't want to buy a metal pan to try one recipe. Much thanks!

1390710_10151917400148928_1193325941_n_1_
Mr_Vittles added about 2 years ago

Sure! You can use a glass pan that has the given dimensions. Metal just conducts heat better than glass. I would great the bottom of the pan along with the sling to make sure nothing sticks.

Bigpan
bigpan added about 2 years ago

You have to alter the temp and cooking times when using glass. Maybe check the mfg website

Scan0004
susan g added about 2 years ago

The typical temperature adjustment for a Pyrex pan is to lower the oven temperature by 25 degrees F.

And you're baking it in a water bath, right?

bella s.f. added about 2 years ago

There was nothing about a water bath in the recipe. It never crossed my mind. Should it?