🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

A question about a recipe: Tangerine and Almond Shortbread Tart

031511f_953

I have a question about step 4 on the recipe "Tangerine and Almond Shortbread Tart" from lorigoldsby. It says:

"Pat the dough into the tart pan, being careful to press up and into the sides."

If I want to make this in a pie plate instead of a tart pan, should I find a different crust recipe? Or will I be fine rolling out this crust and carrying on?

asked by JJGood over 2 years ago
Louise_avatar

Shortbread crusts usually need to be patted along and up the sides of pans. There is not much to hold them together, other than the pliable fat and water. It's like working with wet sand.
The alternative to this method of pushing together the crumbs is to wrap the crumbs in plastic wrap, rolling into a cylinder and twisting the ends to compress it. When this has chilled for about 30 minutes, slice across it as if you were making cookies. Arrange these slices into the dish so they are as close together as possible, and then push them together to fill in the gaps. This should create an even crust without being as hard to work as the crumbs.

Lorigoldsby

I think it will pat in just fine...the tart pan gives a fluted edge but a pie pan should work because this is a forgiving crust because there is so much butter in it!