A question about a recipe: Paprika-scented manchego chorizo puffs

Zeppole

I have a question about the recipe "Paprika-scented manchego chorizo puffs" from Half-Buzzed Hostess.
Can I make these up to the point of baking and hold in the fridge until company arrives? If so, how long ahead can I prepare the dough mixture?

asked by muggins over 2 years ago
Noz_photo

Baked goods made with Choux pastry keep really well in an airtight container at room temperature for a day or two -- you might try baking them to completion before your guests arrive!

I've never refrigerated this kind of dough before using it, but I imagine that it might get too cold to pipe easily.

The pastry can be made ahead and held for 24 hrs if done in an airtight container. Or if you're not concerned with serving them warm, go ahead and cook them. But you'll have to keep them stored in a non drafty place preferably on a sheet tray. They should last about 3 hrs this way. Your best bet is just to make them in batches so they 're always fresh for service

206232_10100287610997059_830198_56953894_4269341_n

Thanks for checking out the recipe! Keep the dough in a zip lock bag for up to two days. Bring to room temperature before piping.

I often make gougeres and have done it a number of different ways. We have formed them on half sheets and covered and stored in refrigerator for service the next day. We have also cooked them off and then reheated with great results. Gougeres also freeze very well and can be cooked freezer to oven. I don't even bother with the pastry bag. Most times I use a level tablespoon and they come right out. Saves the extra step and the cleaning up!

Food52

They freeze beautifully! Just pipe them onto a cookie sheet, flash freeze them then stick them in a ziploc bag until you need them. Here are more details: http://articles.latimes...

From Our Friends
powered by ZergNet