🔎

• 5

• 1095

• See other questions tagged:
    • prep

A question about a recipe: Paprika-scented manchego chorizo puffs

I have a question about the recipe "Paprika-scented manchego chorizo puffs" from Half-Buzzed Hostess.
Can I make these up to the point of baking and hold in the fridge until company arrives? If so, how long ahead can I prepare the dough mixture?

Zeppole
Noz_photo
nzle added about 2 years ago

Baked goods made with Choux pastry keep really well in an airtight container at room temperature for a day or two -- you might try baking them to completion before your guests arrive!

I've never refrigerated this kind of dough before using it, but I imagine that it might get too cold to pipe easily.

The pastry can be made ahead and held for 24 hrs if done in an airtight container. Or if you're not concerned with serving them warm, go ahead and cook them. But you'll have to keep them stored in a non drafty place preferably on a sheet tray. They should last about 3 hrs this way. Your best bet is just to make them in batches so they 're always fresh for service

206232_10100287610997059_830198_56953894_4269341_n
Half-Buzzed Hostess added about 2 years ago

Thanks for checking out the recipe! Keep the dough in a zip lock bag for up to two days. Bring to room temperature before piping.

artistrycook added about 2 years ago

I often make gougeres and have done it a number of different ways. We have formed them on half sheets and covered and stored in refrigerator for service the next day. We have also cooked them off and then reheated with great results. Gougeres also freeze very well and can be cooked freezer to oven. I don't even bother with the pastry bag. Most times I use a level tablespoon and they come right out. Saves the extra step and the cleaning up!

Food52
Manhattan Tart added over 1 year ago

They freeze beautifully! Just pipe them onto a cookie sheet, flash freeze them then stick them in a ziploc bag until you need them. Here are more details: http://articles.latimes...