🔎

• 6

• 1601

Just bought a mini-doughnut pan, would this recipe work in it?

I have a question about step 2 on the recipe "Cinnamon Sugar Breakfast Puffs" from fiveandspice. It says:

"Preheat your oven to 350F. Grease and lightly flour a 12 cup muffin tin."

Sausage2

Emily is a trusted source on Scandinavian Cuisine.

That's a great question, and I honestly don't know the answer. I've never used a donut pan! However, it's worth a shot. The batter isn't too far off from a cake batter, so if you piped it into the pan, and reduced the baking time of course (7 minutes, maybe?), I could see it working.

Pnutsmom added about 2 years ago

Have "Cuties" (mandarin oranges) no regular oranges for the zest? Y/N?

clickmichelle added about 2 years ago

Yes, they will work fine. Just be careful when zesting, because the peel is more loose than a regular orange.

Maria Virginia Gonzalez added 10 months ago

Hi! I don't have butter, but I have "I-can't-believe-is-not-butter" butter and/or crisco. Would any of that work?. Also, I'm not so sure of the final step of dipping them on butter (too much butter), would they test ok if I just dip them very fast in orange juice and sprinkle them?

Sausage2

Hi Maria, I don't really know about the butter substitute or crisco because I've actually never baked with either! But, I should think that either would work pretty well, just yielding a slightly different flavor and texture - or at least Crisco should, I have no idea how a butter substitute would work because I don't really know what they're actually made of. Regarding dipping them in oj instead of butter, I guess I'm not totally sure with that either. But, you could at least try it with one and see if it worked. It would definitely be very different flavor and texture-wise from using melted butter, but it might work to get the cinnamon sugar to adhere.

I can't use that much butter as it not good for my husband, I need to make sure that whatever I bake/cook is low on cholesterol and fats. Hence the non-butter question. Thank you!