Help! I'm making crack pie and was processing the oat cookie into crumbs but I made Oat Cookie butter instead

I'm wondering if I can do anything with this paste I made...I'll remember just to pulse next time!

asked by rapearson over 2 years ago
Image

What's the next step? Can you mix it into the rest of the ingredients for the crust and use it for the crust anyway?

Open-uri20140722-9885-1vabeo4

Forgot to put my reply in the right place -- What is supposed to happen is you make cookie crumbs to press into a crust. I was thinking of baking a small amount and see what it looks like. But I think I've lost the cookie crumb texture.

Open-uri20140722-9885-1vabeo4

What is supposed to happen is you make cookie crumbs to press into a crust. I was thinking of baking a small amount and see what it looks like. But I think I've lost the cookie crumb texture.

Open-uri20140722-9885-1vabeo4

Well, they don't make half-bad cookies. They turn out kind of like shortbread or maybe even halvah --they have that sandy texture and of melt in your mouth.

Image

Sounds good to me!