🔔
🔎

A question about a recipe: caribbean banana lime bread

Img_2266-bananalimecoconutbread500x425

I have a question about the recipe "caribbean banana lime bread" from Naked Beet. Is there an adequate substitute for coconut oil? Would Canola work here? Thanks
i

asked by Latetotheparty over 2 years ago

I'm sure it's the reason for the coconut oil is to intensify the flavor profile. But canola or any other cooking oil would work. Just don't expect the same results

I agree. The coconut oil will add a hint of coconut. You can use another oil seeing that this is a banana bread. I always bake mine using canola oil. BUt since coconut oil s solid at room temp, you can also substitute butter. The textures will be different, but both should work.

Picture_2

During the winter months, my coconut oil tends to melt in the kitchen pantry, which is useful for measuring out the amount, but both solid or liquid measurement should work.

Picture_2

The original recipe asked for 1/2 cup of butter, so yes, you can certainly substitute with a different kind of oil, such as vegetable, grapeseed, or canola. Hope you like it!

If you're a savvy quick bread maker, you could also use coconut milk. Again different final product