leftover egg whites

Making momofuku's crack pie and i have 8 egg whites leftover...suggestions?

asked by lorigoldsby over 2 years ago

Freeze them!

Lorigoldsby

when you defrost them...do you simply put them in the fridge? i really was looking to use them up today...

Food

Meringue cookies

Food

Meringue cookies

Lorigoldsby

I was thinking meringue cookies--any favorite recipes? I have good quality cocoa and shaved coconut

Face

I always freeze my extra whites, adding to the container until I have enough for an Angel Food Cake. They defrost and cook beautifully.

Make an egg-white omelet. With some herbs. And whatever stuffing you'd like; sauteed mushrooms, onions, bell pepper, ham..etc. You don't have to use them all tonight. But you can cook up the filling tonight. And have them for breakfast/brunch/lunch for the next day or so.

They're a great source of protein. And if you have the prepped filling cooked ready to use; very simple to use.

Image

Can I come over?

French Macarons! leave them in the fridge for a couple days - older egg whites whip up stiffer and hold their shape better

From Our Friends
powered by ZergNet