🔎

Judy Rodgers recommends a "good-quality commercial" balsamic vinegar for her frittata with caramelized onion. Can you recommend a brand? ;o)

Thanks so much, everyone. ;o)

New_years_kitchen_hlc_only
Me
wssmom added about 2 years ago

The two I have in my pantry are Olivier 25-year aged balsamic vinegar (from WIlliams-Sonoma, $28.00 for 15,5 ounces) and Fini Balsamic Vinegar of Modena (also from WIlliams-Sonoma, $24.95 for 17.6 ounces). I would marry them both if I could ;0

1390710_10151917400148928_1193325941_n_1_
Mr_Vittles added about 2 years ago

Trader Joes has some pretty good commercial stuff. Just look at the viscosity. If its really swooshy when you tip it around, its probably cheaper, and when its sluggish, its probably good.

As much I respect Judy Rodgers I prefer to substitute an aged Spanish sherry vinegar, more bang for the buck. Domestic balsamics are so 1990's, and nearly as misused as sundried tomatoes. That said, if you are going to splurge, I agree with wssmom on the Fini. Expensive but very good.

Junechamp

I have been using Whole Foods Organic 365 Balsamic Vinegar for an everyday BV.

charlotte au chocolat added about 2 years ago

My absolute favorite is Oliviers & Co.'s Premium Balsamic Vinegar:

http://www.oliviersandco...

It's $34 for 8.4 oz, so a bit more expensive then the ones mentioned- but it is absolutely to die for! I use it sparingly, and a bottle lasts me close to six months- just a drizzle is enough to make a dish transcendant.

I also have a bottle from Trader Joes which was really cheap and which I use if it's going to be cooked in any way.