🔔
🔎

How much does 1 cup of flour weigh in grams?

Trying to convert a recipe from cups to g

Amanda is a developer at Food52.

125 g according to this handy converter tool:
http://www.traditionaloven...

150 g is my standard but there are factors such as humidity that will affect it. And we are assuming you are talking about all purpose flour here.

Cup measurement varies greatly by cook, though. So weight is more standard.

It also depends on how it was originally measured. For example, for me it is always 126 g (King Arthur unbleached AP), BUT that is the fluff, spoon and sweep method. I always check first to see what the recipe author did, and if they scoop, like Barefoot Contessa for example, it will be more than 126 g.

I just tried for myself. I tared a measuring beaker, then tipped in 500ml of plain white flour. It weighed 374g, or 187g per cup. That's quite a bit more than the "standard" values, that range from 125 to 150g.

When compacted by tapping it vigorously on the bench, the volume went down to 450ml (10% compaction).

It may depend on which flour your using. Semolina, "00" flour pizza flour corn flour.