What is the best site or program for making a family cookbook with pictures??

I would like to make a cookbook of family recipes for mother's day. I had in mind recipes illustrated with a picture of the family member associated with them "Grandma's apple pie" etc. Can anyone recommend a website that is inexpensive, but produces high quality images? I only want to print 2, but I would like other family members to be able to order one if they choose...

asked by lloreen over 2 years ago

Check out http://blurb.com

Lulusleep

Blurb is a good option. You have a lots of control over the layout, and good options for choosing book sizes and such. The images are of very high quality. Your book is saved so you can go and add recipes or make changes at a later time if you wish. You can also make it public so other people can order your book through the website. I really do like the flexibility. We had some issues with using a black background for the books though. There were streaks on some of the pages. We did get replacement copies without much of an issue. If you make your book with a white background, you shouldn't have the same issue we had.

Dsc_0122.nef-1

I've made my recipes into books via the photobooks from Shuterfly..

313209_2493694741674_1231978067_33008415_1220700979_n

I would also recommend Shutterfly.

I used Lulu.com last year to make 10 copies of a 200 pg cookbook. It was spiral bound but black and white. Worked out to $11 each. I was happy with the site and as a bonus they hosted both the book for sale so anyone could buy a copy and a downloadable PDF so I have it on my iPad now. Best of luck!

Here's a second for blurb.com. I really liked it.

New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

I stumbled on this the other day: http://cookbookcafe.com/ -- "The New Grassroots Way to Publish & Shop for Cookbooks", which is a platform for publishing, and not a print service. It seems quite interesting, though of course I have not tried it so I can't tell you how it works. I do note however that the International Association of Culinary Professionals IACP nominated the tool as “Most Intriguing Use of New Technology” in 2012. I for one am very interested in it. I plan to build some time into my schedule to use it for organizing my vast collection of disparate recipes into my own personal cookbook. I've been taming that paper tiger (to quote an organizing handbook of the same name) over the past month or so, and am just at the point where I'm ready to integrate my hard copy recipe files with my digital files, so the timing of the launch of this product could not have been more perfect. I'll report back as the project advances. ;o)

Barb

My friend gave me a copy of her personalized cookbook done by TasteBook.com. They did an amazing job!!