cake flour and previously asked hotline questions

I could have sworn I asked this the other day, but I can't find it anywhere, so here goes: Is there any reason to use cake flour as opposed to making a flour/cornstarch substitution. I prefer the latter because it prevents me from having to buy one additional item that only comes in a small box (why is it that cake flour is only sold in small boxes?).

On a related note, I believe I used to be able to see the hotline questions I asked on my profile page. I have not been able to for a while. Am I mistaken? Is this a glitch?

asked by ATG117 over 2 years ago
Noz_photo

Hi ATG117! You're totally right that there's no need to buy cake flour. What you find in stores is identical to what you make at home -- it can be convenient to have the flour and cornstarch pre-mixed, but it's by no means necessary!

As for your Hotline questions in your Profile, we removed that feature because it slowed site performance. But we're working on a Profile overhaul -- you'll see them again soon.

Thanks for both of these answers!