🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

I lost a fantastically scrumptious and simple recipe for hungarian ghoulash or cabbage soup. Anyone have one?

The recipe was in a cookbook with the opera singers' favorite recipes. The Hungarian Ghoulash was soooo simple: beef, cabbage, tomatoes, paprika and a few other spices. Most recipes on the web include a mile long list of ingredients. Anyone have a great simple and delicious recipe? I generally don't like soup since most turn out bland, but this was amazing!

asked by ubs2007 over 2 years ago

Try googliing recipes for goulash soup--that is more German and Austrian than Hungarian, and was a way to stretch left over goulash for another meal. Beef goulash should not include cabbage, but you might find some recipes for pork goulash that use cabbage. I have eaten a Ukrainian sauerkraut soup, kapusniak, which is delicious and might be of interest to youl I think I found the recipe in the Time-Life series on international cooking that was published in the 1960s, but if you google it you should find recipes.

Magyar Gulyás Leves – Hungarian Goulash Soup is a classic and traditional
Hungarian soup. It is one of the five most popular meat dishes on the North
American cooking scene. Although Gulyás - goulash turns up on many
German and Austrian menus and cookbooks, Gulyás actually originated in Hungary and later spread beyond its borders, first to the Austrian Empire, Germany, and the Balkans, and finally around the world! There is an old Hungarian proverb which says: “One man yearns for fame, another for wealth, but everyone yearns for paprika goulash.”
http://www.helenshungarianheritagerecipes...
Hot Hungarian Chef

Goulash_soup-210x173

Thank you so much! I'll give it a try! Yes, while the Germans / Austrians serve and eat Ghoulash, they attribute it to Hungary. I've never met a German who would say it's a German or Austrian dish:):). Love they way, they give credit where it's due. Thanks again!

I did not mean that goulash was Austrian or German, but that stretching the goulash into a soup is very popular in Austria and Germany and there are many recipes to be found there.

FYI...the site doesn't give the recipe. I'll head to the book store.

Sorry - it's available on Amazon -read the reviews first - very important.

http://www.amazon.com/Hungarian...

Bestseller_aug_2010

Thanks so much!