🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

How far ahead can I prep and/or roast a stuffed breast of veal?

For Passover I want to prepare a breast of veal (unboned) stuffed with matzoh farfel stuffing (same ingredients as bread stuffing - celery, onions, egg, stock, but with matzoh pieces instead of bread). You prepare and cool the stuffing, stuff the veal, and roast low and slow. I will put some liquid on the bottom of the pan. Ideally I'd like to do everything at least a day ahead and reheat. None of the recipes I found talk about this. I found a recipe for braised stuffed veal that says can be done ahead, but my preparation will have less liquid. Julia Child's recipe says prep can be done ahead, but not the cooking. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!

asked by Tarragon over 2 years ago

It is best to not stuff the veal a head of time. If you do, you increase the risk of bacteria growing; even if the entire enterprise is kept at a cool temperature. While the risk may be low (approx 10%), you have to ask yourself, is it worth it? Cooking and reheating is a better/safer option