🔔
🔎

A question about a recipe: Jim Lahey's No-Knead Pizza Dough

Food52_01-30-12-3449

I have a question about the recipe "Jim Lahey's No-Knead Pizza Dough" from Genius Recipes.
Has anyone attempted this with whole wheat flour?

asked by LilRhodyisCookin' over 2 years ago
Miglore

Kristen is the Executive Editor of Food52

I haven't tried this recipe with whole wheat flour but in his book Lahey recommends using 1/3 whole wheat to 2/3 white flour, and doubling the yeast.

I have used up to a 50-50 mixture of whole wheat and all-purpose flour for Leahy's original 2006 recipe for no-knead bread with good results; since the process is similar, I would think it would work okay for the pizza dough. I was disappointed, however, with using more than 50 percent whole wheat, as the texture got pretty crumbly, which you probably would not want in a pizza crust.

Dsc00426

On my first go at this recipe, I used just under 200 grams of whole wheat flour (probably a little high proportionately) and the rest in all-purpose, and I didn't change the amount of yeast, and it worked great.

Image

I used whole wheat flour and it worked great. I had wonderful results and no problems!