🔎

Why is my cookie sheet burning everything on the bottom? From cookies to roasted squash, the bottom is burnt and the inside isn't cooked!

What kind of sheet are you using? I've not had good luck with the "air" sheets. Also, where are you positioning it? If close to the bottom of your oven, that can overbake anything on the bottom. I'm sure we can help you debrief with a little more info.

Zobird added about 2 years ago

Thanks! I used a non-stick sheet that I bought at the grocery store. I put tin foil when I roasted my vegetables and parchment paper when making cookies. I did just use the bottom rack of the oven. Is that part of the problem?

Bottom rack could be the problem. Also, no two ovens are calibrated exactly alike (I know from experience) so don't just trust the dial, it could be off by 25 degrees. Try the middle rack and see what happens but also test your oven for its actual temperature.

Bigpan
bigpan added about 2 years ago

Besides moving to the middle of the oven you can also use two sheet pans - one cradled inside the other.

chef of the future 2000 added about 2 years ago

Buy a oven thermometer (cooks illustrated just rated them and they are inexpensive) to insure correct temp!

10131786_03b5_m
Tim Cameron added about 2 years ago

To add to the two sheet method, try one empty sheet on the bottom rack, with the cooking sheet on the next rack above. I use this for breads sometimes and it works.