A question about a recipe: Lamb Meatballs with a Broken Yogurt Saffron Sauce

I have a question about the recipe "Lamb Meatballs with a Broken Yogurt Saffron Sauce" from thirschfeld. What would you suggest pairing with it for a meal? The usual pasta like spaghetti seems underwhelming. Thanks!

asked by Lydia Shoup over 3 years ago

Maybe Tom will answer your question but I would be thinking of fideo coils (toasted first in oil and finished in hot stock). Not quite the same as spaghetti but it is a pasta. Chickpeas might be good as well, cooked until tender and then completed with olive oil and fresh rosemary. You can easily infuse the oil with the rosemary and then strain it.

This doesn't have the flavor profile of italian meatballs - it seems more middle eastern to me. I'd go with Couscous mixed with fresh herbs (mint, basil,- whatever you have on hand), some toasted slivered almonds, and a light lemon, olive oil dressing.

sexyLAMBCHOPx is a trusted home cook.

Rice or orzo.