🔎

• 4

• 2177

What's a good white wine to go with an asparagus risotto? Would a Riesling work well??

Maedl added about 2 years ago

Rieslings are popular with asparagus in Germany, where asparagus rules the table in spring. You might find a good Gew├╝rztraminer from Alsace, a Silvaner from Franken (northern Bavaria) or a Gr├╝ner Veltiner from Austria that would also pair well. The trick is finding the right wine that wil work with the asparagus, so check with your wine merchant for his/her recommendations.

Img00019-20100929-0432_1_
sexyLAMBCHOPx added about 2 years ago

Prosecco would be nice or maybe a saviagnon blanc, IMHO.

Junechamp

Voted the Best Answer!

Gruner Veltliner somehow seems to have been made for asparagus and artichokes. So glad we have it available in US these days! ;)

Riesling is a good choice. I also agree on sauvignon blanc. While I like prosecco I don't think of it as a dinner wine as it's sparkling, crisp and low alcohol (10%). However if the asparagus risotto is an appetizer or first course it might pair up in that context.