🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

Substitute for pomegranate?

My wife just started a dish that requires pomegranate (the one on the cover of Plenty). I ran out to get the pomegranate and after going to 3 produce markets found out heir out of season. Does anyone know of a proper substitute or should we forego?

asked by rickyferrer over 2 years ago

I don't think there is a great substitute for pomegranate seeds. If you have preserved lemons on hand, dicing those up and scattering them on top might be a nice touch. The other idea I have is to buy pomegranate juice, reduce it on the stove over low heat until it's syrupy, and drizzle that on top. The to get a nice contrast of textures, you can sprinkle some pine nuts or toasted almonds on top. I happen to think Plenty is a book that allows for plenty of experimentation.

I am not familiar with the recipe you are trying to make, but I just came back from Trader Joe's where they have some already removed from the skin in a plastic container if you live close to one. Good luck!

I booked it to trader joes on bike and made it back before the eggplant was out of the oven. Thanks!