A question about a recipe: Herbed Chicken Cutlets with Panko and Parmesan

Wbp1106104_f52_101

I have a question about the recipe "Herbed Chicken Cutlets with Panko and Parmesan" from merrill. How far ahead can the chicken be breaded?

asked by Pepperjam over 2 years ago
Merrill

I wouldn't bread it too far in advance, or the cutlets won't crisp properly -- I'd say 20 minutes or less.

Thanks for the quick response.

Photo_squirrel

I hesitate to say this because it is merrill's recipe, but i certainly have had no prob breading chicken a day ahead. The crust dries,stabilizes, and stays on the chicken as it fries to crispy- no worries.

Farmer's_market

I've never made this specific recipe, but many similar...whenever I do the flour/egg wash/bread crumb thing on chicken, pork or veal cutlet, etc., I try to do it at least a couple of hours ahead, even that morning. Stored on a wax paper lined pan in the fridge, it air dries a little (as Le Bec Fin said), making the crust adhere better when it cooks. Also convenient - breading ahead makes putting, e.g., a veal/chicken cutlet Milanese on the table a lot quicker come dinner time.