🔔
🔎

What to do with 15 pounds of cooked spaghetti?!

So my husband volunteers at his church, where they put on monthly community dinners. Tonight was spaghetti and meatballs. They were worried they wouldn't have enough spaghetti, and made extra... Resulting in about 15 pounds of cooked spaghetti left over! They were going to throw it out, and my husband said he'd take it home to feed our chickens... But I'd love to use as much of it as possible in casserole type things I can freeze, both to eat ourselves and to give as gifts to new moms / people going through illnesses, etc...

So, suggestions? What should I do with this gargantuan amount of cooked spaghetti?! :-)

Thanks,

asked by fearlessem over 2 years ago

Put it in portioned freezer bags for quick dinners?

Stringio

Chicken or turkey tetrazinni

There are all kinds of pasta recipes on this site to use up those noodles! A recent genius recipe, fritattas, spaghetti bakes, lasagnas, noodles w/ fried or poached eggs, tetrazzinis. For now, I'd freeze it and just get a plan. Your family and friends will so appreciate all this goodness. Honestly, I sauce my noodles with everything from sauteed mushrooms and roasted peppers, carmelized onions and soft cheeses, to thick sauces. Really, the possibilities are endless.......

Dsc_0048b

Wow! I'm thinking about a children's' book my kids used to love: Strega Nonna and the magic pasta pot. I've never tried freezing cooked spaghetti that was not in a sauce. I suspect, though, that freezing it in a sauce or casserole would keep a better consistency down the road.

Chris_in_oslo

Oh, goodness! I know just where you are, as a house guest just made us enough spaetzle to feed the Austro-Hungarian army. We ve-heated with and without sauce, added to soups, ate cold out of the storage containers, etc. Then suddenly, I started to think about bacterial growth and threw the rest out. It was sad but not as sad as getting sick and never wanting to make spaetzle ever again.

Baci1

Chicken and spaghetti. This recipe is pretty darn good: http://thepioneerwoman...