🔔
🔎

hi, I'm looking for a simple sauce to have with salmon. Any suggestions please?

asked by @ianwalshuk over 2 years ago
Baci1

I serve my salmon (grilled or pan-fried) with a mango salsa which is simply small-diced mango (1 cup), 1tb minced red onion, salt and pepper, a splash of vinegar, chopped jalapeno & chopped cilantro (optional).

Wholefoods_user_icon

My go to quick and healthy salmon recipe is a salmon fillet topped with pesto and chopped pistachios. My favorite premade pesto is LeGrand pesto. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes.

My favorite sauce for salmon is a little soy sauce and ginger mixed with sweet chile sauce. Just brush it on the salmon and stick it in the oven for 10 minutes or so.

Imag0055

Salsa verde--parsley, lemon peel, olive oil, a bit of garlic. Recipe should be easy to find (and easy to make).

Bigpan

Butter ! with a squeeze of lemon. You want to taste the salmon, not a heavy sauce or salsa. Serve the salsa with baguette slices (or chips) as your appetizer.

Mix brown sugar and old world style mustard, the coarse ground stuff with all the little mustard balls in it. top the salmon with this mixture and bake as normal. Maybe finish under broil. Just guess on the proportions, it's pretty hard to mess up.

Mix equal parts soy sauce/tamari, brown sugar/honey, and Dijon mustard. Brush it on as a glaze and bake. Spoon more of the sauce warmed right on top!

Img00019-20100929-0432_1_

Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Yield Serves 4
.
Ingredients

1 large skinless salmon fillet (1 1/2 pounds)
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
1 cup dry white wine
1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place salmon on a rimmed baking sheet; season with salt. Roast until opaque throughout, about 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter over medium. Add flour, and cook, whisking, 1 minute. Add wine, and bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer, and cook until liquid is reduced by half, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in chives; season with salt and pepper. With a fork, gently break salmon into large chunks, and serve topped with white-wine sauce.

Recipe Martha Stewart, Everday Food

Photo-1

I loved this kale and pepita pesto, which I adapted from a Bon Appetit Cleanse recipe. Very quick and easy, and it's perfect for spring.

http://meatballsandmilkshakes...

Me_in_munich_with_fish

So many great ideas that I hate to add another, but I love to poach salmon in white wine and chicken stock with a bay leaf, a couple cloves, and a teaspoon of black peppercorns that has been gently simmered for about 15 minutes before adding the fish. Then, I top it with a simple vinaigrette made with a garlic clove, a little whole grain mustard, evoo, white wine vinegar, salt, and pepper. Very simple and so good.

Choose the best fresh, wild caught salmon fillet you can afford and let it be the star. Any sauce you choose should be an accessory to this sumptous fish, so never drown the salmon in sauce. So many of these ideas are great flavors to go with salmon, but apply in moderation.
We love to bake salmon in a 400 degree oven coated with a bit of butter mixed with lemon; sometimes the butter is infused with a bit of garlic first. Depending on the thickness of the fillet this only takes 10 to maybe 14 minutes. Let it sit a bit before slicing into servings.

greek yogurt mixed with fresh chopped parsley or dill or chives, salt, and pepper. Honey mustard is always nice. avocado or salsa for something chunkier. And I'd second all the pesto comments.