NO GREEN THUMB NEEDED FOR OUR SELF-WATERING HERB KIT. SHOP NOW »

Does anybody have a receipe for coconut prawns. Had them in a resturant in Orlando, delicious, dry with a side sauce.

asked by 12tomjerry12 over 5 years ago

Yes, I recently made them and they were the hit of the party. I cooked them six at a time in grapeseed oil, (I would have use any oil) and my sister passed them. As for the sauce, we made it up, using Orange Marmalade, Dijon mustard and honey.

unsweetened shredded coconut 3 cups 6 cups
Ginger Ale 2/3 cup 1-1/4 cup
baking soda 3/4 tsp 1-1/4 tsp
salt 1/2 tsp 1 tsp
Cayenne pepper 3/4 tsp 1-1/2 tsp
large eggs, beaten 1 2
Frying oil 1 qt 2 qt
21-30 count shrimp
peeled, deveined, tail on 1-1/4 lbs 2-1/2 lbs

1. Place the coconut on a plate.

2. In a bowl, combine the flour, ginger ale, baking soda, salt, cayenne, an eggs and whisk until just smooth.

3. Heat oil to 350F. Have a plate ready for the cooked shrimp, lined with paper towels to absorb the oil.

4. Holding by the tail, dip the shrimp into the batter, then dredge with coconut, pressing liightly, so the coconut will stick. You can drop them right into the oil in batches or place on a foil lined tray to hold shortly before frying.

5. Fry 3 to 5 minutes until golden brown turning.

Sorrry for funny ingredient list. The first list is for 12, the next for 24, as an appetizer, But no one wanted to stop eating this, and I had a huge buffet to follow.

Yes, they are the most charming dish ever. I made this recently as passed appetizers at a party. Serves 12, unless you make a main disk out of it:

Unsweetened shredded coconut 3 cups
Ginger Ale 2/3 cup
baking soda 3/4 tsp
salt 1/2 tsp
Cayenne pepper 1/2 tsp
large eggs, beaten 1
rying oil 1 qt
21-30 count shrimp-peeled, deveined, tail on 1-1/4 lbs

. Place the coconut on a plate.

6. Serve immediately or hold briefly in a warming oven.

Dipping sauce

Mix orange marmalade, mustard and honey to taste.