🔎

• 6

• 1250

I am looking for a lighter, non-gloppy hollandaise recipe. Can anyone help?

Waffle3
ChefOno added almost 2 years ago

Lighter than what? Can you clarify your use of the term "gloppy"?

ATG117 added almost 2 years ago

I hate to say this, but hollandaise and lighter are contradictory. But there are hollandaise recipes. Here's one from epicurious: http://www.epicurious.com...
And if you search this site, you'll find a bunch too.

TrelioChef added almost 2 years ago

4oz white wine reduction (Shallots & tarragon optional, strained out), 2oz water, 5 egg yolks, whisk to incorporate, sous vide cook half hour 149F. Melt 10oz butter and whisk into cooked egg yolk mixture, season with salt and cayenne. Place the hollandaise into isi whip it canister, charge, and hold in steam table or circulator to keep warm through service. Won't break, won't lump or form skin, shoots out light airy hollandaise every time. Recipe adapted from Modernist Cuisine

Image
Katie added almost 2 years ago

Here is my favorite recipe for hollandaise sauce by Ina Garten:

http://www.barefootcontessa...

This recipe is so easy (made in a blender) and has a light and airy consistency which is what you were looking for! I highly recommend it.

Louisa added almost 2 years ago

Although named "Mock Hollandaise" this is good, and I use it for family for Eggs/Asparagus Benedict.
Mock Hollandaise from Out of Kentucky Kitchens, Marion Flexner, first published 1949.
2T butter
3/4 C boiling water
1T flour
juice of 1 lemon
2 egg yolks (I use the whole eggs...)
1/2 t salt
1/8 cayenne
Melt butter, add flour and stir. Add boiling water slowly. Remove from stove, whisk in egg and then lemon juice mixed with the salt and cayenne. Cook 1-2 minutes. You can make this ahead and reheat in microwave.

Louisa added almost 2 years ago

1/8 teaspoon cayenne