Valid in US Only. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply. Free shipping valid through 11/30 at 11:59pm EST.
🔕 🔔

What to do with butter and chocolate

I'm making a new cupcake recipe and I accidentally melted 6 T butter, 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate and 1 & 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips instead of the 1/2 cup the recipe called for. I'm not an experienced baker, but I knew that the ratio was off enough to start over. But is there anything I can do with the "mistake" mixture? I know it's not a big deal but I hate wasting stuff so I just thought I'd see if anyone had a brilliant idea....

asked by MTMitchell over 3 years ago

If you have more chocolate and butter, you could make a double batch of these, just adding a little less sugar to compensate for the sugar in the chocolate chips. Or, if you have heavy cream lying around, you could make truffles.

I use about 50/50 melted butter and chocolate to make the ganache/glaze i use for dipping or filling cookies or glazing a cake.No prob freezing it as well.

Yay!! Thank you both. I made a few truffles to go with the cupcakes (gilding the lily a little but...) and froze the rest. I'm glad to nor have had to waste it.

Chocolate fondue with fresh fruit, nuts, croissant or make your own Nutella kind of thing. What a problem to have! Yum.