🔎

• 5

• 706

BRrrrrrrrrrrrr!It's cold in the Tropic!

It's autumn in BRazil,I'm on a diet,and for dinner I'm allowed a low carb salad and some protein,but it's cold and I was thinking about a warm salad-contradition!Warm salad,cold tropic...any suggestions?AND,just for fun:can you think of any other contradictory dishes?

08270410avatar_messbrasil
Ophelia added almost 2 years ago

You could make fried iceberg lettuce with a ground meat or some tofu, I flavor mine with soy sauce, fish sauce and a little sesame oil. Also warm wilted spinach salads are delicious with a couple eggs.

Baked Alaska?

08270410avatar_messbrasil
mensaque added almost 2 years ago

Good one!Thanks Ophelia!I once saw someone do fried ice cream on TV,an ice cream scoop,coated on beaten eggs and then corn flakes,put on the freezer and deep fried.And it looked amazing!

Scan0004
susan g added almost 2 years ago

In a Japanese restaurant, they call that Tempura Ice Cream. It's pretty amazing, but I won't make a habit of it.

Food52
Benny added almost 2 years ago

If you want a warm salad, there's nothing wrong with an assortment of roasted or grilled veggies tossed in a simple vinaigrette.

Me_in_munich_with_fish
petitbleu added almost 2 years ago

I agree with Benny on this one. I often make warm roasted veggie salads with a simple vinaigrette. On top of some lettuce and with a little goat or feta cheese, it's sublime. You can also do a grain salad--take wheat berries, brown rice, or even quinoa and combine with vinaigrette, feta, panfried tofu or tempeh (or chicken), some dried fruit chopped up, and you're good to go. It's delicious and filling.