🔎

Wholefoods_user_icon
a Whole Foods Market Customer added almost 2 years ago
Voted the Best Answer!

I would just turn the heat up and cook the sauce until the extra water evaporates! Might take a few minutes longer than adding a thickener, but it would be the best way to avoid changing the flavor of the sauce. :)

Food52
Benny added almost 2 years ago

I agree, although be careful not to turn it up too much. Spaghetti sauce likes to splatter and make a mess ;)

SallyBroff added almost 2 years ago

If it's a long cooking sauce you could boil it down. Or how about adding some tomato paste or some fresh breadcrumbs?

inpatskitchen added almost 2 years ago

I stir in grated parmesan just before serving as long as it's tomato based and I'm passing the cheese at the table.

How_to_make_a_custard_part_1

Shuna is a pastry chef in New York City and author of the acclaimed blog Eggbeater.

Pour watery sauce into a non-reactive oven proof vessel {lasagna pyrex, roasting pan, large skillet} and "bake it," at about 350F - 400F stirring it with a wooden spoon or heat-proof spatula every 10 minutes until it's at desired thickness.

But why were you adding water to your spaghetti sauce in the first place? Certainly non-essential.

cookingProf added almost 2 years ago

Pour it through a fine sieve to extract some of the liquid. Over cooking may alter the flavor of some ingredients.