🔎

Urgent! A question about a recipe: Misoyaki Roast Chicken with Shoyu Onion Sauce

I have a question about step 5 on the recipe "Misoyaki Roast Chicken with Shoyu Onion Sauce" from timWuNotWoo. It says:

"Take the chicken out of the fridge and take a spoon, fork, knife, dowel rod, comb, whatever your scraping tool of preference is, and wipe off the excess marinade, it’ll just burn~" should i pour out the excess marinade at the bottom of the pan when i pour the bird/marinade in? (recipe says to scrape excess off bird only)

Ss030210f449
Etienne_headshot
Food52
Benny added almost 2 years ago

In step 2, the recipe calls for you to put the chicken in a bowl when you cover it in the marinade. you scrape off all the extra stuff and then put the bird into a roasting pan in step 7. So, the extra marinade does NOT belong in the roasting pan when you put it to roast in the oven.