🔎

A question about a recipe: Anne Dimock's Straight-Up Rhubarb Pie

I have a question about the recipe "Anne Dimock's Straight-Up Rhubarb Pie" from Genius Recipes. For the Straight-Up Rhubarb Pie, about how much in weight or number of stalks will yield 5 cups? Thanks!

Food52_05-08-12-8741
Miglore

Kristen is the Senior Editor of Food52

I got about a cup of sliced rhubarb per stalk. Depending on the size of your stalks, 5-6 should be fine. But remember, you can just use Dimock's ratio of 1 cup sliced rhubarb : 1/4 cup sugar : 1 Tbsp. flour if you have more or less.

Imag0055
mainecook61 added almost 2 years ago

If you are buying at a market, two pounds will be plenty and one not enough. Two pounds will give you about 6-7 cups.

New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

I bought 1.5 pounds of rhubarb (mostly fairly slender stalks, with not much waste), cut the stalks into 1/4' slices as recommended in the slide show, and had one small stalk left over. The pie was positively delicious, by the way. I might sprinkle just a bit of cinnamon sugar on the crust next time, or perhaps make a lattice crust, as I tend to prefer my pies a bit less austere in appearance. ;o)