🔔
🔎

Recipes for a grill rotisserie

I bought a spit attachment for our new gas grill, and now I can't find a lot of recipes for it online. When I search for "rotisserie chicken recipes," I get recipes that use store-bought rotisserie chicken :/. Does anyone have a great recipe (or two) or a book or site that is a great resource? Thx.

asked by jocelyng over 2 years ago

Steve Raichlen's "Barbecue Bible" would be a good place to begin. It's easy to find. One skill you will need to pick up is trussing a chicken. It's not hard. But you don't have to stop with chicken. The rotisserie is great for lamb and pork also.

You can season or marinate any way you would chicken pieces for grilling or for oven roasted. Obviously, a wet, oil-laden marinade will tend to cause flareups, so bear that in mind. As indicated by Pierino, you will need to tie up the wings and legs so they don't burn or (literally) catch fire! It is best to keep the heat low (or even indirect) and the lid down and cook slowly, since the bird is further from the heat than when on the grill grates. I like 325F for about 1.25-1.5 hours because it retains its moisture - and always use a thermometer to check the internal temp (160F) for doneness if you have doubts. Tent with foil when removed from grill and rest for 5-10 minutes. Happy grilling!

Cornish Game Hens, stuffed with lemon, rosemary, thyme, oregano..and just a touch of terragon. Rubbed with garlic, lightly coated with olive oil and salt.
Baste with some more oil, lemon juice while cooking.
Make some veggies skewers with Summer Squash, cherry tomatoes, onions basted with the same flavors. Have some flat bread dough rolled out (a naan bread, or Pita dough brushed with Ghee); crank up the grill while the birds are resting.
Serve with homemade hummus and lemony rice (or couscous)..and a tabouli salad. And mint iced tea.
You could also use this menu with a lamb roast as well.
If you have a 'fish basket' a whole fish would be good as well. (Greek Grilled Snapper).

Jocelyn_2006

Thank you all!