White wine Sangria

I want to make a light beginning-of-summer pitcher of white wine Sangria but can't find my recipe. Any suggestions?

asked by jsdunbar about 2 years ago
Img00019-20100929-0432_1_

Cube up a mango (since its in season) or two, one bottle of dry crisp & dry white wine , shot of brandy, splah of oj, and refrigertae overnight. Serve over ice and add some seltzer. delish!

Scan0004

Martha Stewart has a recipe online that looks good. It's made with peaches, but a ripe mango would be perfect.

Thanks. I'll use the suggestions & "wing it" to taste. Glad to be freed from being tied to
specific amounts - I have trouble sticking to
recipes.

Cristina-014-web-final

If you haven't already made your sangria: Spoon a few tablespoons of sugar into a pitcher, and add a glug or two of fruit brandy. Mix with a long spoon until the sugar is dissolved. Thinly slice and orange, and add it to the pitcher. Add whatever other fruit you may want. Pour in a bottle of light white wine. Right before serving, a a healthy measure of seltzer.

This one has a bit more kick. It's from Jose Andres.

White Sangria
(serves 6)

1/3 cup cut fruit (white grapes, strawberries, peach)
2 T fresh mint plus more for garnish
2/3 bottle (about 2 cups) Cava or Prosecco
1 shot (2 oz,) Liquor 43 (or Grand Marnier)
1 shot brandy
1 shot white grape juice
1 t sugar

Fill pitcher half full with ice. Add fruit and mint and pour sparkling wine down the side. Add mixed liquors, juice and sugar. Serve garnished with mint.