🔎

Can you freeze risotto and heat it up at a later date to eat?

David_queen
Mrs._larkin_370

Mrs. Larkin is a trusted source on Baking.

I think so. I would defrost, then heat gently in a pot and add some broth to loosen. Stir in a touch of cream before serving.

Don't even think about freezing it. Rice does not freeze well. However, risotto cakes fried in oil, from your day old risotto can be pretty damn good. Two days in the fridge might be okay but I wouldn't go too far beyond that.

innoabrd added over 3 years ago

I don't know, pierino. I think frozen rice is no worse a substitute for real food than twitter is for real communication. Standards. It's all a matter of standards...

1390710_10151917400148928_1193325941_n_1_
Mr_Vittles added over 3 years ago

Here's what you need to do, parcook the risotto, so that it is only half cooked, then portion it into what vessel/size you want. Freeze. When you're hungry, allow to unfreeze in the fridge and finish it on the stove as you would have to begin with, by adding hot stock in small quantities.