🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

How and how long do I cook a large swordfish steak. About 1 1/4 inch thick?

asked by kbckitchen over 2 years ago
Waffle3

Until it registers 145F on a digital thermometer.

Thank you. What is the best method. Grill, bake or stovetop ?

Waffle3

My personal opinion? Grill it, preferably over charcoal. With a steak that thick, you should be able to get a really nice sear and a little smoke into it. Then either move it to a cooler part of the grill or into the oven to finish. Watch the temperature carefully and pull it a little early.

Scplogoblog

That does sound yummy! Recently, I've been marinating thick cuts of swordfish in a blend of soy sauce, fish sauce and toasted sesame oil, of course adding finely minced fresh garlic and ginger. After marinating for 20-30 minutes at room temp I do a quick pan sear (VERY hot pan) for 3 or 4 minutes each side. I then let the steak rest while I deglaze the pan with the rest of the marinade and pour it over before slicing and serving with roasted cauliflower.

Smokin_tokyo

Oily Swordfish and "blackened" spices are a match made in heaven! I like Chef Paul's Prudhomme's Seafood Magic (Or Redfish if you can find it) but looking on line you should be able to find a recipe to blend the spices yourself.