🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

Modernist Cuisine at Home edition.

Looks like it's a one volume version of the original set. But slightly more affordable and should be out in Oct this year.
http://www.amazon.com/Modernist...
http://blog.khymos.org...

Buddhacat

Thanks, Sam! A group of us purchased the original set together and I can never find what I want when I need it. This will be perfect.

Gator_cake

Cool, cool, cool! Thanks for the share.

Baci1

The slightly more affordable version is still $140. Maybe I can ask for it for Xmas/birthday/anniversary...

I'll bet the price will flux as it comes closer to release time. Still a bit out of my range for the present time, but something to watch for price changes.

I'll be interested to see how this compares to the multi-volume set. Which will it pare down more: in-depth scientific and historical discussion of processes, or the detailed step-by-step instructions impractical to the home cook? I'm not sure which is more appropriate for a 'home' edition.
I'm glad to see the photographs are well-represented in those sample pages. They really set the book into a class of its own, even apart from its modernist distinction.