🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

What does it mean to "orast" a chile?

I am following a posole recipe, and it tells me to orast the chiles, then place them in a bowl and cover with a plate to steam for 15 minutes. What does this mean? I've googled this extensively and there is a possibility it could just be a typo for "roast." Thanks!

asked by pwinggles over 2 years ago

It's a typo for roast!

Definitely a typo. Roasting the chiles would be a step in making pozole.

Sorry, I meant to add that the clue to knowing 'orast' is a typo is in the directions that follow--to steam the peppers. That loosens the skins so you can easily peel them off.

When you orast a chile you simply hold it over an open "emafl" until it's skin is blistered

"Orast" actually sounds like something forbidden in the Bible and illegal in most states.