🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

Can mashed potatoes be made a day or two ahead of time and then re-heated? If so, is there anything I should keep in mind? The recipe I'm using has sour cream and roasted onions in it, with potatoes that will be cooked in a rich stock. Thank you. ;o)

asked almost 4 years ago

I'm pretty sure you can make 'em. Spread 'em I'm Corningware and then heat 'em up either covered in cheese or foil at 375 for 40 minutes or so and they'll be scrumptious.

Last year, I prepared Pioneer Woman's mashed potatoes (sans Lawry's, though) the day before Thanksgiving, and served 'em up the next day. They are truly over the top delicious and they heat up beautifully. Definitely making them again this year.

http://thepioneerwoman...

Cakecake

I was just about to recommend PW's mashed potatoes for reheating purposes. My former roommate is a huge mashed potato fan, and she said PW's recipe reheats better than any she's ever had. (although what you've shared sounds delicious, AntoniaJames.. potatoes + roasted onions + sour cream + rich stock = YUM)

I have read that you can make ahead, but you need to stir from time to time while reheating. I don't like the idea of it, but the mashed are such a pain. I wouldn't put that amount of butter and cream cheese in mashed potatoes as the PW recipe has for my family.

Cakecake

Eh, as a once-a-year treat, they won't kill ya. Definitely one of her more over-the-top dishes, though.

1390710_10151917400148928_1193325941_n_1_

Clearly Pioneer Woman's Mashed Potatoes go well for reheating because of the ridiculous amount of fat in them. If you make your original recipe, make sure to use loads of butter along with the sour cream, and use whole fat sour cream as well. If they are too watery, they will surely dry out in the oven/microwave when reheating or create a starchy coating on the top.