Any willing to share a source for decorative canning jars ?

Does anyone have a source (preferably online ) for decorative canning and preserving jars? I love Weck,just looking for variety since it is high season for preserves...thx...ch

asked by CHeeb over 2 years ago
P1291120

Weck would have been my recommendation. Sometimes Ball/Kerr have "special" jars.

L1020855

Thank you , SeaJambon, I'll have to stay in the hunt . There is a French jar maker ,whose name I have forgotten . I'll re-post if I find something interesting...ch

Scan0004

I just found something unusual in a Fathers' Day ad from a local store chain -- "Rednek (TM) Margarita or Wine Glass" -- Ball canning jars mounted on pedistals (high or low). And only $9.99, reduced from $28.00. Looks like they would seal, too.

L1020855

Thanks,susan g. This sounds very unusual and I will try to find it to see if it might work. I am looking for something unique that will make a homemade item into a holiday worthy gift...I saw something similar at an outdoor sporting goods shop. I will look again with an eye for using it for my preserves...thx...ch

Dsc_0122.nef-1

I saw these glasses at Peddlers village in Lahaska PA, they would seal, but the pedestals may make the whole thing top heavy..

Face

Try specialtybottle.com or the container store

L1020855

Specialtybottle.com is a great bulk/ Commercial source ,many shapes and sizes which I like.I'll check on the container store in the morning... many thx, allans...ch

Face

Specialtybottle.com lets you buy one or a thousand - which is great

L1020855

Allans,
Specialty bottle carries the Bormioli jars I was trying to remember. They are Italian,not French , so no wonder I was wandering lost. Thanks again for the recommendation...ch

L1020855

Glad to know that...I need just a few ...thx...ch

Hilary_sp1

I use specialty bottle. Last season they had hot pink, one time use canning lids. They were fab.

Flower-bee

Aside from Weck and Bormioli, the third variety commonly available is the French Le Parfait, in case you were thinking of those. And I know this is not exactly what you were looking for but if want to make the jars look neat for gift giving, you could also find different colors of cupcake liners and place them inverted on regular canning jars in between the lid and the ring. Looks kind of neat on jam.

L1020855

Droplet,I will Google the LeParfait and see if they might work...thx for the lead and the cute liner idea...ch