🔎

• 13

• 1443

Any willing to share a source for decorative canning jars ?

Does anyone have a source (preferably online ) for decorative canning and preserving jars? I love Weck,just looking for variety since it is high season for preserves...thx...ch

L1020855
P1291120
SeaJambon added almost 2 years ago

Weck would have been my recommendation. Sometimes Ball/Kerr have "special" jars.

L1020855
CHeeb added almost 2 years ago

Thank you , SeaJambon, I'll have to stay in the hunt . There is a French jar maker ,whose name I have forgotten . I'll re-post if I find something interesting...ch

Scan0004
susan g added almost 2 years ago

I just found something unusual in a Fathers' Day ad from a local store chain -- "Rednek (TM) Margarita or Wine Glass" -- Ball canning jars mounted on pedistals (high or low). And only $9.99, reduced from $28.00. Looks like they would seal, too.

L1020855
CHeeb added almost 2 years ago

Thanks,susan g. This sounds very unusual and I will try to find it to see if it might work. I am looking for something unique that will make a homemade item into a holiday worthy gift...I saw something similar at an outdoor sporting goods shop. I will look again with an eye for using it for my preserves...thx...ch

Dsc_0122.nef-1
Panfusine added almost 2 years ago

I saw these glasses at Peddlers village in Lahaska PA, they would seal, but the pedestals may make the whole thing top heavy..

Face
allans added almost 2 years ago

Try specialtybottle.com or the container store

L1020855
CHeeb added almost 2 years ago

Specialtybottle.com is a great bulk/ Commercial source ,many shapes and sizes which I like.I'll check on the container store in the morning... many thx, allans...ch

Face
allans added almost 2 years ago

Specialtybottle.com lets you buy one or a thousand - which is great

L1020855
CHeeb added almost 2 years ago

Allans, Specialty bottle carries the Bormioli jars I was trying to remember. They are Italian,not French , so no wonder I was wandering lost. Thanks again for the recommendation...ch

L1020855
CHeeb added almost 2 years ago

Glad to know that...I need just a few ...thx...ch

Hilary_sp1
Hilarybee added almost 2 years ago

I use specialty bottle. Last season they had hot pink, one time use canning lids. They were fab.

Flower-bee
Droplet added almost 2 years ago

Aside from Weck and Bormioli, the third variety commonly available is the French Le Parfait, in case you were thinking of those. And I know this is not exactly what you were looking for but if want to make the jars look neat for gift giving, you could also find different colors of cupcake liners and place them inverted on regular canning jars in between the lid and the ring. Looks kind of neat on jam.

L1020855
CHeeb added almost 2 years ago

Droplet,I will Google the LeParfait and see if they might work...thx for the lead and the cute liner idea...ch