🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

Switching banana bread to banana cake?

I'm making banana bread but the loaf pan I have is smaller than normal. Can I do this in a square 8x8 aluminum pan instead? What's the conversion rate, and would I have any issues with baking time/etc.?

asked by sabrina0 over 2 years ago

You likely can bake it in an 8x8 pan with fine results, but I would perhaps start checking it beginning 15 minutes before the banana bread was supposed to be done had you cooked it in a loaf pan. I've seen (and made) a few cake and quick read recipes that give directions for loaf and/or Bundt pans (depending on what's available to you or what you prefer to use), and I'm guessing that while a Bundt pan would give you more of a similar texture and baking time to a loaf pan (if you have enough batter for a Bundt pan that is) an 8x8 pan will probably be tasty as well though I'd prepare for either a gooey center or well-cooked outer edges. Maybe stick both the center and outside with a toothpick until they are at the happiest medium for you!

Thanks @RachelS - it's in the oven now. I am a little worried about the texture but the general volume looks right, so I'll hope for the best.

You're welcome... How did it turn out?