🔎

Can I use regular (not Meyer) lemons in this tart? I have no idea where to get Meyer lemons in Detroit

Can I use regular (not Meyer) lemons in the Lemon Tart with Olive Oil (http://food52.com/recipes...)? I have no idea where to get Meyer lemons in Detroit

Baci1
HalfPint added almost 2 years ago

This recipe does not specify Meyer lemons, just organic ones. So yes, you can use regular lemons.

Sam1148 added almost 2 years ago

They're a little out of season here. Even the wal-mart has them in Jan-Feb.
But, I have seen Persian lemons in Middle Eastern stores which have basically the flavor profile as Meyer (if not the exact same thing).

Open-uri.13930
chefsusie added almost 2 years ago

Since Meyer lemons are a mix of lemon and orange: if you wanted a lemony orange slightly flavor I would use one small orange to the remaining lemons in a recipe. I have a Meyer lemon tree! They aren't quite as sour as traditional lemons.

inpatskitchen added almost 2 years ago

And I know that when Meyers are in season you can find them at Nino Salvaggio's in the Detroit area.